Kun Zhou is a 3-rd year Ph.D student at School of Information, Renmin University of China, under the supervision of Wayne Xin Zhao and Ji-Rong Wen. His research interests are in natural language processing (NLP), information retrival (IR) and machine learning (ML), with focuses on sequence representation learning, pre-trained language model (PLM) and their applications in real-world scenarios. He obtained the master degree from Peking University, and bachelor from Hohai University.
I won the 2022 MSRA Fellowship and 2022 Bytedance Scholarship. Thanks for everyone in my research life, especially my two supervisors.
My long paper is accepted by EMNLP 2022 Industry Track. Thanks for my comrades’ help!
Here I select several my favorite papers, the whole publication list is in Publication
SimANS: Simple Ambiguous Negatives Sampling for Dense Text Retrieval (EMNLP2022)
Simple and effective. It has been applied in Microsoft Bing Search online system.
Kun Zhou, Yeyun Gong, Xiao Liu, Wayne Xin Zhao, Yelong Shen, Anlei Dong, Jingwen Lu, Rangan Majumder, Ji-Rong Wen, Nan Duan, Weizhu Chen
Debiased Contrastive Learning of Unsupervised Sentence Representations (ACL2022)
The First Attempt on Debiased Sentence Representations
Kun Zhou, Beichen Zhang, Wayne Xin Zhao and Ji-Rong Wen
Filter-enhanced MLP is All You Need for Sequential Recommendation (WWW2022)
A Cool Model with Fast Fourier Transform, Learnable Filters and All-MLP Architecture
Kun Zhou*, Hui Yu*, Wayne Xin Zhao and Ji-Rong Wen
CRSLab: An Open-Source Toolkit for Building Conversational Recommender System (ACL2021 demo track)
An Open-Source Toolkit for Building Conversational Recommender System
Kun Zhou*, Xiaolei Wang*, Yuanhang Zhou, Chenzhan Shang, Yuan Cheng, Wayne Xin Zhao, Yaliang Li and Ji-Rong Wen (*equal contribution)
Towards Topic-Guided Conversational Recommender System (COLING2020)
A New Dataset for Conversational Recommendation.
Kun Zhou*, Yuanhang Zhou*, Wayne Xin Zhao, Xiaoke Wang and Ji-Rong Wen (*equal contribution)
S^3-Rec: Self-Supervised Learning for Sequential Recommendation with Mutual Information Maximization (CIKM2020)
This paper is selected as the most influential CIKM papers by Paperdigest, and also applied in Meituan online recommender system
Kun Zhou*, Hui Wang*, Wayne Xin Zhao, Yutao Zhu, Sirui Wang, Fuzheng Zhang, Zhongyuan Wang and Ji-Rong Wen (*equal contribution)
Improving Conversational Recommender Systems via Knowledge Graph based Semantic Fusion (KDD2020)
This paper is selected as the most influential KDD papers by Paperdigest
Kun Zhou, Wayne Xin Zhao, Shuqing Bian, Yuanhang Zhou, Ji-Rong Wen and Jingsong Yu
Unsupervised Context Rewriting for Open Domain Conversation (EMNLP-IJCNLP2019)
This paper has been applied in Microsoft XiaoIce online system.
Kun Zhou, Kai Zhang, Yu Wu, Shujie Liu and Jingsong Yu
Open Source Projects
Most of my research work are open-source. Here are some my preferable projects!
- CRSLab is an open-source toolkit for building Conversational Recommender System (CRS). It contains comprehensive benchmark models and datasets, extensive and standard evaluation protocols, general and extensible structure, human-machine interaction interfaces, and is easy to get started.
- We released a Multi-turn Topic-guided Conversation Recommendation dataset for research on conversational/interactive recommender systems: TG-ReDial. It is a Semi-automatic Annotated Dataset and leverages Detailed User Background Information.
- Code for our CIKM 2020 Paper “S3-Rec: Self-Supervised Learning for Sequential Recommendation with Mutual Information Maximization”. It is well-formed and has been used by many researchers.
2022.4 - Now, Research Intern, NLC Group, MSRA.
Mentor: Yeyun Gong, Nan Duan
Start a new adventure on Dense Retrieval and Large-scale Pre-training Model !!!
2021.9 - 2022.4, Research Intern, iFLYTEK Research.
Mentor: Jing Sha, Shijin Wang
I led a team to develop the first Chinese Mathematical Pre-trained Language Model, Jiuzhang. We are also persisting to advance the development of this area.
2019.12 - 2021.5, Research Intern, NLP center, Meituan Dianping.
Mentor: Sirui Wang, Fuzheng Zhang
My several papers were accepted during my internship, and one paper S3-Rec has been deployed in Meituan Online recommender system.
2018.8 - 2019.6, Research Intern, XiaoIce, Microsoft Asia.
Mentor: Kai Zhang, Yu Wu
I published my first top-conference paper during my internship, and deployed my first model on XiaoIce online system, thanks for everyone in XiaoIce.
Rewards and Honors
- 2022 Bytedance Scholarship (10 PhD Students in China Mainland) Link
- 2022 MSRA Fellowship (12 PhD Students in Asia-Pacific-region) Link
- 2022 Baogang Scholarship (12 Students in RUC).
- 2022 National Scholarship.
- LIC2021 Multi-Skill Dialog Challenge Link
- Ranked 1st in Automatic Metrics Track, 3rd in Human Evaluation Track
- LIC2020 Conversational Recommendation Challenge Link
- Ranked 2st in Automatic Metrics Track, 4rd in Human Evaluation Track
- 2018 Jane Street Electronic Trading Challenges
- Ranked 1st
- 2018 The Data Open Challenges Citadel Datathen
- Ranked 2nd
- 2016 American Mathematical Contest in Modeling
- Honorable Mention
- 2015 China Undergraduate Mathematical Contest in Modeling
- National Second Prize
- 2015 National Zhou Peiyuan college student mechanics competition
- National Third Prize
- 2015 Jiangsu Province Undergraduate Mechanical Competition
- The First Prize
- IJCAI 2021
- Senior PC Reviewer
- AAAI 2021, KDD 2021, TOIS 2021, WSDM 2022, KDD 2022, EMNLP 2022, COLING 2022, TOIS 2022
- PC Reviewer
I love writing blogs in my free time. Here are some my favorite posts!